Snails have become inactive!!??

• Thread starter Ssnaaiil
  • Start date

Ssnaaiil

Well Known
Wondering why it could be that my snails have been way less active than normal, it’s came out of nowhere. They barely move around much, they were super active before and now they just sit and do nothing. They aren’t dead, I’ve checked. They have been acting like this for a couple weeks now and I can’t seem to figure out why. Nothing has changed in the tank

richiep

Fishlore VIP
For them all to do it at the same time may suggest a water issue, if you've not tested all parameters or have gone slack on your water changes then id look there first

Ssnaaiil

Well Known
richiep said:
For them all to do it at the same time may suggest a water issue, if you've not tested all parameters or have gone slack on your water changes then id look there first
Water changes have been done once a week. Same as always. Literally nothing has changed with this tank

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
What kind of snails? My Nerites do this. Not for weeks at a time though.

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Trouble is theres is very little except the obvious to look at.

Ssnaaiil

Well Known

Ssnaaiil

Well Known
I have 2 mystery snails in there that are around 6 months and 5 months old and they are the most active. I see them moving around all the time. But my other 2 mystery’s and 8 nerites are lazy

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
What size tank do you have all of these snails in? Maybe they are just hungry?

Ssnaaiil

Well Known
It seems that my nerites and mystery’s are dying off, one by one. Except my two younger ones that have been active this whole time. Maybe I just ended up with snails with bad genetics...

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
They may just be old too. They are only supposed to have 1-2 years lifespan. :(

Top Bottom