Snails Everywhere!

1. Evanwd

Evanwd Valued Member Member

58a9b03b99c29591f384ceaedb60cb8f.jpg 30414d1c2aeb816183a8012db2dab712.jpg

These darn snails are everywhere I pick them out and they come back in numbers within the week! They are small two millimetres at most I never let them any bigger I take them out but they keep coming back i don't know what to do!

2. Philosoraptor

Philosoraptor New Member Member

You can try to buy a natural snail predator such as Loaches or assassin snails. If that doesn't work look up an effective snail-killing agent.

3. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

I wouldn't put in chemicals to kill the snails, as it could damage your plants and/or other fish you have in the tank. I also don't recommend getting a fish/snail just eat the snails, the fish will require specific care and the assassin snails will also reproduce in freshwater and need more snails to eat continuously.

You can do snail trap. Use a water bottle put some cucumber in it, then put into fish tank. Next day lift out water bottle. This will get a lot of them at once. Also reduce the amount you feed your fish to reduce the speed of how the snails reproduce. If you see any jelly like clear eggs, wipe them away. By the way these look like ramshorns. :)

4. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

You could get an assasin snail. Depending the size of your tank there are fish that eat snails.

You can also try not feeding the tank for a week but I'm not sure if they're going to eat the leaves.

Also you can try YouTube and see about setting up a snail trap.

5. Chaotiklown

Chaotiklown New Member Member

How big is the tank? Get about 4 assassins per ten gallons... 15 bucks on ebay

6. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

This is what I put on your post the first time you posted it.

I wouldn't put in chemicals to kill the snails, as it could damage your plants and/or other fish you have in the tank. I also don't recommend getting a fish/snail just eat the snails, the fish will require specific care and the assassin snails will also reproduce in freshwater and need more snails to eat continuously.

You can do snail trap. Use a water bottle put some cucumber in it, then put into fish tank. Next day lift out water bottle. This will get a lot of them at once. Also reduce the amount you feed your fish to reduce the speed of how the snails reproduce. If you see any jelly like clear eggs, wipe them away. By the way these look like ramshorns. :)

7. #H20Nerd

#H20Nerd Valued Member Member

Wipe glass every day ..collecting an crushing them with the pad get an assassin an it will work out ..less chemicals means a lower tds an your fish love you for not dosing is not a necessity

8. M

Ms.Teacher New Member Member

If you can take out your fish for a week (I know super stressful for them so weigh the risks) and do a complete clean out. I learned that they sometimes come because the plants aren't cleaned correctly and they actually hide in the rocks until they are big enough to be seen.

9. GabeC

GabeC Valued Member Member

To gather up snails, I bent the handle of a small net so that it's at 90 degrees. I submerge the net into the tank and put an algae wafer into the net. Within hours there are tons of snails in the net eating the wafer. Then I just pull the net out when it's full of snails. Seems to work better than the plastic bottle trap.
    (I actually keep a dedicated snail tank to feed my assassins in my other tanks, so this is how I collect them to put in my main tanks.)