Snail's Disappeared

1. m

mollybabes Well Known Member Member

For the last few weeks my ivory snail, Saffron didn't move at all. I figured she was dead and my mum said to just leave her. She started floating for 3 days and then sank to the back of my tank.
    I looked for her after 2 days of not really bothering and she's completely gone. The shell and everything. She couldn't have gotten out of the tank because it has a top on it and she was probably dead.
    My zebra snails all left their shells behind when they died and now Saffron's completely disappeared.
    Any suggestions?

2. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

What kind of fish are in your tank?

3. OP
    OP
    m

Rainbowfish(2 Boesmani and 4 Parkinsons)
    And Blotchie(My ACF)

4. OP
    OP
    m

And Blotchie didn't eat it because I would've see a massive bump in her stomach and she would've died trying.

5. Kellye8498

Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

Are you sure there are NO holes big enough for it to have escaped through? You would be surprised how they can escape. I have seen them make it out of the little hole where the filter and heater comes into the tank from.

6. OP
    OP
    m

I'm sure and like I said, she hadn't moved in ages and looked dead. I have literally checked and she's nowhere. I'm so confused.

7. dartzy

dartzy Valued Member Member

My nerites disappear from time to time but always reappear when I'm not looking. Give it a little more time.

8. OP
    OP
    m

I found her

9. dartzy

dartzy Valued Member Member

Now I have one that's MIA...again. lol