Snails Appeared Question

1. b

bertie2k New Member Member

Hi,

Anyone know what this snail is called? Started with 1 last week, now have 5, Wondering whether to kindly replace with assassin or not

Cheers 50c05e0c-9e3e-4761-b177-b5f79482c605.jpg

2. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

Looks like your common pond or bladder snail. I've rid a tank of them by just removing them when I saw them.

3. OP
    OP
    b

Cheers didnt look like photos I saw hence the question, Will have to start controlling them as I’ve ran out names for them

4. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

You can post another picture and I can make sure, it's possible it's something similar like a faucet snail. But first glance it does appear to be either a pond or bladder snail

5. OP
    OP
    b

bfd84c45-87b4-497b-983d-88f8a616bc4b.jpg 0c7c2851-7048-4016-a08a-03379561d722.jpg
    Not sure if that will help, theres barry harry larry gary and jeff, I think thats harry and jeff. I dont really want to kill them as I was going to buy snails anyway, but if they are just going to multiply like rabbits then I will just get some assassins instead

6. Mazeus

Mazeus Well Known Member Member

Definitely a bladder snail. They will multiply like rabbits, but assassins multiply too. If you get an assassin snail it will keep the population in check and won't multiply.

7. OP
    OP
    b

Awesome cheers