Snails Appeared Question

Discussion in 'Snails' started by bertie2k, Jun 12, 2018.

1. b

bertie2k New Member Member

Hi,

Anyone know what this snail is called? Started with 1 last week, now have 5, Wondering whether to kindly replace with assassin or not

Cheers 50c05e0c-9e3e-4761-b177-b5f79482c605.jpg

2. Rtessy

Rtessy Fishlore VIP Member

Looks like your common pond or bladder snail. I've rid a tank of them by just removing them when I saw them.

3. OP
    OP
    b

Cheers didnt look like photos I saw hence the question, Will have to start controlling them as I’ve ran out names for them

4. Rtessy

Rtessy Fishlore VIP Member

You can post another picture and I can make sure, it's possible it's something similar like a faucet snail. But first glance it does appear to be either a pond or bladder snail

5. OP
    OP
    b

bfd84c45-87b4-497b-983d-88f8a616bc4b.jpg 0c7c2851-7048-4016-a08a-03379561d722.jpg
    Not sure if that will help, theres barry harry larry gary and jeff, I think thats harry and jeff. I dont really want to kill them as I was going to buy snails anyway, but if they are just going to multiply like rabbits then I will just get some assassins instead

6. Mazeus

Mazeus Well Known Member Member

Definitely a bladder snail. They will multiply like rabbits, but assassins multiply too. If you get an assassin snail it will keep the population in check and won't multiply.

7. OP
    OP
    b

Awesome cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice