snails and ich treatment

1. wannj Initiate Member

ok, so I got some Lifegaurd from tetra today to treat my tank for ich and other things, but I have a snail in the tank also, the directions say not to use with inverts, but what do I do with him, my current quarantine tank has a betta that just got better, but I don't want him to contract ich from my snail. I don't know what to do, please help

2. blusshed Well Known Member Member

Well, you can't use any Ich treatment with Snails besides Kordon's Ich Attack... If there is any way to return it and then get the Kordon's that would be your best bet.

3. wannj Initiate Member

they don't carry any of that, the only place I can get to is petco. I put the snail in a bowl with a lid that has holes. the only thing is, after the treatment, can he not be put back into the tank?

4. wannj Initiate Member

now I feel smart, I thought they didn't carry it, but looks like they do, and that's what I get for being impatient. ugh. well now I completely screwed everything up, lol.

5. blusshed Well Known Member Member

I was just about to tell you that's where I got the Kordon's so that would be strange lol.

6. wannj Initiate Member

lol, well imam just let my snail stay in this bowl for now, maybe get some Kordons just for his bowl, LOL