Snail With Eggs Attached At Bottom Of Tank

1. Khaleah

Khaleah Valued Member Member

So I got up this morning to find Gari "sleeping" tilted up and back with part of her kind of sticking out. Her "normal" sleep coma. but this time there were still 3 eggs attached to her still. I found yet another clutch on the tank side. 2 full and 1 partial (been there for about 4 days now).

I am just concerned about her still having eggs attached to her this morning. I am having my kid take a look at her once she gets home.

2. OP
    OP
    Khaleah

and now she has a chip on her shell :(

Attached Files:

3. Pringlethesnail

Pringlethesnail Well Known Member Member

Hey! That usually happens when something scares them while laying eggs. They fall back into the water, but can’t help a few more eggs coming out. Those ones can’t be saved. That chip will heal fine if you 1) make are you are feeding the right food and enough of it. (Sinking meat based pellet at least every other day)
    2) also adding calcium powder from the reptile section would really help too especially because there might be babies coming. All the babies will look like her.

Check out my care guide for more info on food and calcium.

4. OP
    OP
    Khaleah

Thank you for letting me know. I was supper worried about her.

I have been adding calcium pounder to the water. They are picky and don't like spinach but they love zucchini and bloodworms. I heard crab pellets were good.

5. Pringlethesnail

The favorite sinking wafer in my tanks that is still very nutritional is Hikari bottom feeder wafers in the orange bag.

6. OP
    OP
    Khaleah

Ah ok. I have the green bag. I will have to go and see the other ones

7. Pringlethesnail

I use the green bag 1-2x per week. It has no meat in it and their main daily diet should be meat. With the meaty diet and the calcium in the water they should have perfect shells!

8. OP
    OP
    Khaleah

I ordered the orange bag. They disappear fast