Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Snail Problem?? Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Toffee, Apr 19, 2019.

1. ToffeeNew MemberMember

Iv recently moved house and I'm setting up my tank again. Before I start putting fish in, I'm slowly putting plants in the tank. Yesterday I bought a driftwood with plants on it. This morning iv noticed two baby snails. Iv never kept snails before so I know nothing about them. Can anyone help me identify them please. I'm sorry the photos arnt the best so I'm asking for alot

Attached Files:

2. ToffeeNew MemberMember

I will upload more photos when they have moved back to the glass

3. Lollipop0912Well Known MemberMember

Ok. Those look to me like bladder snails. If you have a little algae in your tank and some decent minerals, you’ll be fine. They tend to thrive anywhere. If you are really concerned, you can add some algae wafers. I’d do it for the first month of your tank or so. This way, you have an established colony that can support them. If you want to get rid of them, I recommend getting blanched veggies and pulling them out when the snails are on it.
    Edit: Welcome to Fishlore!!!!! I hope you find awesome people and great knowledge here like I did.

4. corbinValued MemberMember

Likely just pest snails. Lots of plants come in with eggs on them. If you want to get rid of them just remove them as you see them before they start laying more eggs.

If you want to keep them just be warned that snails poop non-stop.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2019