Snail Poop...

HoneybeeJenni

Brand new invert mom here. My 5 mysteries and 4 Amanos are now 2 days into their tank.
I've heard that mystery snails are prolific poopers, but one of them is leaving a LOT of excrement in his one corner where he's been foraging all day and I don't see any snail poop anywhere else.

He's also more active than the others (from what I can tell.) They're all moving around and eating though. Is he outcompeting them? Is he just a pooper? He's the same size as the rest (except for one, very large one, who moves and eats slowly but steadily.) I might just be worrying too much XX

For reference I drop in 1 Aqueon bottom feeder tablet per day.

Coradee

Welcome to Fishlore hope our snail keepers can help answer your question today

Iboughtmykidfish

Well Known
Hello! Yes, mystery snails are prolific poppers. Depending on your substrate, it may or may not show up. I find most of my snail poop right on the edges of the tank, from them climbing the glass. Snails are weird, sometimes they go dormant for a few days. I have some that are very active, some not so much. I wouldn't worry much about not finding poop.

How big is the bottom feeder tablet? Is it just an algae disk, or does it have protein in it as well? Mysteries need both veggies as well as proteins, and lots of calcium in order to thrive.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom