Snail photos - Page 15

Frisbee

My 4 mystery snails,

My former snail rapido (who is no longer with us)

Mac, (who I still have, he is the oldest)

Pictures of velocity and scrumptious (the two newest additions) coming soon.

Frisbee

Meet velocity,

and scrumptious,

glassescat

This is my new snail, Adrian. He's been shy the last few days, but as soon as I dropped a piece of blanched lettuce in the tank, he immediately came out of hiding.

I also think he's an albino color, now that I can get a good look at him, which looks very pretty since there's bits of pink on his body.

snailyfriends

she just had these babies, I watched the second one come out of her shell

snailyfriends

this little guy is chip. please don't tell him you can still see him through his new shell growth. he's very happy that his shell is healing.

Frisbee

New snail, her name is perpetrator. she is the black and brown one on the left.

Some baby ramshorns hitchhiked on some plants I got, aren't they adorable? I call these guys the perps cause they rode in illegally, lol.

Addie42

just noticed how GIANT my mystery snail is getting, have had him since December-ish

Frisbee

New snails! Baby mystery snails I got at a little aquarium store I just found in my area. They sooooo cute! I got 1 blue and 1 pink/white striped.

Sadly perpetrator just died due to unknown causeseadshe was a petsmart snail though).

JRG

Woke up this morning to this:

WTFish?

Bonnie and Clyde at it again...

Bryangar

Check out the colors on these ramshorn.
The orange skin and white shell has to be my favorite. The brown spotted has the spots mixing, which is kinda uncommon with my strain. And then a chesnut color shell with orange skin.

DoubleDutch

Snails ???? where where ?

Natasha13

Just found this minI snail. Hoping it's not a pond snail?

Frisbee

New snails! My petsmart snails all just up and died so I went to a local breeder to replace them with some higher quality stock. Just got home 20 minutes ago, still aclimating.

Addie42

my snails are relationship goals
both are from petsmart and very obviously in love although one of them does spend a little too much time with the giant ramshorn

Pescado_Verde

I don't have a lid on my 55 and so I've had more than one snail escape only to find them much, much later. Sigh. Why must they be so hard headed? Anyway, here's one of them that at last check was still in the water.

And a couple of baby Platy fish being curious.

snailyfriends

i've lost a couple of snails since my last post due to old age and tumors. but the good news is that I got two new ones. the gold mystery is perlino, and the baby nerite is roomba. perlino had a huge growth spurt so her shell looks funny.

Addie42

Looks like my snail is making a heart on the glass
D’awww

Natasha13

Our Nerite and bladder snail

Pescado_Verde

Zebra Nerite. I was actually trying to find a pest snail to take a picture of but I guess they were all in hiding. Oh well.

Addie42

Pescado_Verde

Red Racer Nerite? Is that what these are called?

You know maybe you need to move a little faster when a tuft of algae starts growing on your butt. Worst part of course is that algae is pretty much your entire diet so it's like you're being mocked by the algae. smh.

And then of course just when you think you've got a nice spot all to yourself... NOPE!

Addie42

I made my boyfriend record the egg sac moving
I think I’m a full out nerd now, yeah? Lol

Frisbee

LittleBlueGuppy said:
Got three new nerites on wednesday, They are all happy and have been viciously scrubbing my algae away, I even put a green bean in there and they wouldn't touch it, they are like "who cares about a green bean, this tank is dirty!", My mystery snails on the other hand are like "who cares about algae when you can eat great beans and sleep all day. Weeeeeeeee!!!!! let's go jump of that mountian of driftwood and be supersnail!!!!!"

Will be uploading pictures of the new guys shortly.
they have been at it since I put them in the tank, sigh, I suppose it means they are healthy, but it also means only 2 mouths on the algae at a time instead of 3

Some quick ramshorn shots.

midna

some photos I still have in my camera gallery of my nerites

they're planning something

they always do this lol

fun fact: the betta in my 10 gallon bites off my snails' antennae, so I always like seeing the other more fortunate guys with their long antennae waving around

spiky boy (probably female tbh, a lot of my horned nerites seem to be female)

Frisbee

Got some better pics of my horned nerites when they are not “into it”.

Snail diary: those cute selfies

Having lunch with your friends

Having lunch alone

Getting a breath of air

Hiding from the camera

Those awkward positions

Doing your chores cleaning up

And finally, taking a break and having a nice long nap

DoubleDutch

Is a vid also allowed ?

Natasha13

Best transportation in the aquarium

Pescado_Verde

Natasha13 said:
Best transportation in the aquarium
Either pest snails are just the laziest critters ever or Nerites have started a rideshare program. Uber for snails.

Pescado_Verde

This is JAN (Just Another Nerite)

Pescado_Verde

55 gallons. Plenty of driftwood, lots of algae. They still end up wanting the same spot.

eustoma01

They were holding hands

Pescado_Verde

eustoma01 said:
Those were just eggs that were laid on it that hatched.
Help me out here if you don't mind, I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Here's the picture with an arrow pointing at what I guess is a snail? And in the circle area, those are hatched eggs that were laid on another snail?

eustoma01

Yes. The one with the arrow pointing at it is a snail and the part you have circled is the shell of another snail. Those markings on its shells are marks from eggs that used to be on its shells. But those eggs have hatched so you only see the outline on them... I'm guessing that's the portion of the egg that is sticky and keeps it stuck on a surface.

Pescado_Verde

eustoma01 said:
Yes. The one with the arrow pointing at it is a snail and the part you have circled is the shell of another snail. Those markings on its shells are marks from eggs that used to be on its shells. But those eggs have hatched so you only see the outline on them... I'm guessing that's the portion of the egg that is sticky and keeps it stuck on a surface.
Okay, thanks! I have Nerite snails but the eggs they lay have never hatched. Were those Nerite eggs and were there any baby snails from those?
Pretty crazy that they laid eggs all over the carcass of one of their brethren, lol. No respect for the dead!

eustoma01

Pescado_Verde said:
Okay, thanks! I have Nerite snails but the eggs they lay have never hatched. Were those Nerite eggs and were there any baby snails from those?
Pretty crazy that they laid eggs all over the carcass of one of their brethren, lol. No respect for the dead!
No they are both alive and well. I actually sourced them from a local freshwater river, which is why the eggs one of them had hatched. It gets brackish near the mouth of the river so I suspect a lot of them do well here. There were tons of eggs laid on the rock I found it near, too! I might return the one with the egg marks on it back to the river because two of them are too much for my tank anyway, and that one has escaped my tank twice.

eustoma01

Snail and a baby haha

Just my snail eating some biofilm

Tony_P

Noticed our assassin snails have been mating -- and here is the first newborn we've seen

This little one maybe small -- but it sure is fast! Been zipping around like crazy

Tony

Pescado_Verde

Snail photo dump. I posted them in my aquarium build thread but why not share here too, right?

Blue background makes it look like they've gone mountain climbing.

Trying to cram ten pounds of snail into a five pound hole.

kallililly1973

Recent close up of a ramshorn cleaning my bacopa quite nicely ( woohoo their making a comeback! ) and my nerite and ADF in a different tank

Pescado_Verde

Waiter, I'll have what he's having!

I went to take a picture of my Pleco enjoying his new terracotta watering spike and found this guy cruising the glass.

Zai

My snail babies.
George, the giant Ramshorn
And fred, the zebra nerite. No glamour shots of Fred yet. Hes brand new and was put in after lights out on the tank

Frisbee

Dinner time
snail pile for the food!

SarahBear1009

Our mystery snail. This was a week or so after we got it. It's been over a month now. Its SO much bigger lol

Pescado_Verde

They grow up so fast, you wonder where the time went!

One of the Nerites out "mountain" climbing...

SarahBear1009

Here is our mystery snail now. And our nerite!

Pescado_Verde

I was taking pictures of the fish and this guy dropped into the frame.

My lone Mystery snail.

kallililly1973

snailyfriends

I got three little ramshorns last month. they're already having babies!!!

snailyfriends

I can't remember if I already posted this snail here. his name is peekaboo!! he had a hole in his shell when I bought him. it's healed up now and he's the biggest snail i've ever had. he's addicted to peanut butter. maybe it's all the protein making him huge

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom