Snail munching on dead fish

• Thread starter Naved16
  • Start date

Naved16

Ive lost three of my guppies in the last few days under mysterious circumstances. They're fine a day ago and the very next day they're dead and my apple snail is munching on it.

Is it possible that the snail is somehow killing these fishes?

Best Answer - View Argos's answer

Argos

Possible? I guess anything is possible...but your fish are most likely perishing from something else. Snails are scavengers so it only makes sense that the snail is feeding on the dead fish after it has died.

AquaticQueen

Well Known
Naved16 said:
Ive lost three of my guppies in the last few days under mysterious circumstances. They're fine a day ago and the very next day they're dead and my apple snail is munching on it.

Is it possible that the snail is somehow killing these fishes?
Water parameters? Were the guppies all male? Any shredded fins? How many guppies?
I don't think your snail killed your guppies.

Naved16

AquaticQueen said:
Water parameters? Were the guppies all male? Any shredded fins? How many guppies?
I don't think your snail killed your guppies.
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 20 ppm
And it's a well established cycled tank. Yes the guppies were infact all males with healthy fins. They looked healthy before they passed away with no visible signs of stress or ammonia burns or anything like that. I should mention however they were all new addition to my tank. I went to my LFS to check on the other guppies and surprise, they're all dead hundreds of them.
The two females are still alive and well though .

Top Bottom