Snail Jell-o Recipes

1. Chaotiklown Initiate Member

So mine contains....

Knox Gelatin(unflavored)

Green bean baby food(lowest sodium possible, highest calcium)

Placo algae wafers

Tums tablets

Cuddlebone chunks(or cleaned and dried eggshells)

Various fish flake foods

First thing I do since I have a mortar and pestle, is powder up the cuddlebone chunks(or eggshells with skin removed and dry), wafers, tums, and fish flake foods together. If I didn't have a mortar and pestle I'd be getting creative... If you do, the wafers are the hardest to crush it seems.

Then I add the knox gelatin powder, crushing and mixing it up together.

So to make knox gelatin the normal way, you're supposed to stir boiling water into the stuff until it thickens. Me, I want a more solid consistency.

I add a little bit of water to the green bean baby food, just enough to where it thins out a bit...

Microwave that mixture till it bubbles a bit, then stir into the powder-mix until it's nice & blended. I pour it right out of the mortar, straight back into the baby food containers that conveniently come with lids... The powder doesn't increase the volume much.

Pop into the fridge, and when it cools down it's good to go.

Half a teaspoon at night in my 2-gallon snail breeder is completely gone by morning, they gobbleitup.

So... What kinda recipes are you guys working with?
  2. Bettanewb Well Known Member Member

I do something similiar to what you do I use squash baby food. Ive never used egg shell or cuttlebone though.

I just pour mine when finished in a ice cube tray put it in the freezer to let it set pop it out cut it into smaller chunks toss it in a freezer bag and unthaw chunks as needed. It lasts a long time in the freezer.