Snail in tank

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was looking at tank today and i noticed that i had a snail inside my castle fixture i have in my tank. I have no idea of how it got there did i come from one of the live plants i put in there or what?

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi, i set my tank up 8 weeks ago, other day noticed one aswell!! I since have found 3 others at various stages in their growth, asked lfs, said there can be eggs on the plants!!!! So you too may find more soon!!!!

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He snuck in on your plants. The snails will help out by cleaning up dropped food. Don't overfeed and the snail population won't get out of hand. I think snails are awesome to watch, whether or not you got them intentionally.

panda bear

Reaction score
I had the same issue for a bit. I got live plants and then found my tank with some many snails I didn't know what to do. But I agree, do not over feed (that helped me) and wash any plants you get from now on as well as you can. Snails rock but too many make things very difficult.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't like snails too much, look at this

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice i just noticed today of a second snail in my tank has a brown swirl shell not sure if good kind or bad kind of snail. Just have to wait and see and not over feed fish and see what happens

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom