Snail Identification

ELON MOLLUSK

Valued Member
Reaction score
B4B62303-40A7-4450-83A5-3ADF385B9072.png
About 4 months ago I purchased a bunch of hornwort online. The hornwort came with tons of hitchhikers! Mainly bladder and mini Ramshorn Snails, however I did notice over the last for months that I have four tiny possibly baby mystery snails with the same shell markings. They all have dextral shells and a black and white coloration . Like I said they are at least four months old and I can fit all 4 of them on my pinky nail. I have certainly noticed a significant amount of growth in one snail in particular so I’m wondering around the 6 to 8 month range will they have a growth spurt if they are mystery snails? It’s ironic this one has a question mark on its back lol. Thx for all the insight.

BE0002A6-40AB-4772-8292-733AB5267919.jpeg

Attachments

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Oh, those look like faucet snails! They're rather rare in the hobby, I'd hang on to them if I were you.

ELON MOLLUSK

Valued Member
Reaction score
Oh, those look like faucet snails! They're rather rare in the hobby, I'd hang on to them if I were you.
I had originally done research and thought that maybe they were Galba truncatula because of their size and coloration but am still unsure

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That's possible too.... I haven't personally had either, so unfortunately I can't be entirely sure, sorry. Also your name is hilarious!

ELON MOLLUSK

Valued Member
Reaction score
That's possible too.... I haven't personally had either, so unfortunately I can't be entirely sure, sorry. Also your name is hilarious!
Darn.... I guess we will just have to wait and see then lol. Just another experiment to look forward to I suppose . They are certainly pretty lil things none the less. Bahahah thanks on the name compliment

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom