Snail Identification Please

A. Rozhin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I can't tell how big it is, but bigger than a Assassin, so...it is SHAPED like a bladder snail. MTS are longer than that (I have them in all my tanks). Even the babies are longer and skinnier, proportionately, than that one. Regardless, if you don't want it, put the Assassin back in there.

If it is a MTS, you can also consider keeping it. I have them in all three of my tanks. I find them beneficial, and I don't overfeed the tanks so have not had a population problem; when I see a new "generation" of tiny MTS, I just cut back on the food. They eat junk in the gravel other snails don't. I really like them.

That being said, I still think this is too short and fat to be an MTS. What did it hitchhike in on?

Natatat

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It's around 3 cm and your right , it is quite chubby .
I haven't added any new plants for a while so I'm unsure how long its been in . If it's mts won't there be a whole brood of them hiding out in my the tank?

A. Rozhin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Natatat said:
It's around 3 cm and your right , it is quite chubby .
I haven't added any new plants for a while so I'm unsure how long its been in . If it's mts won't there be a whole brood of them hiding out in my the tank?
Eventually you'll have an extended MTS family, but it's all relative. While I'm sure there are more under the substrate than the few I see here and there when I turn on the light, they aren't over-running me. I definitely don't have anything like the MTS horror stories you sometimes hear, but I'm careful not to overfeed my tanks, and/or the snail gods smile upon me.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom