Snail ID

mattgirl

I am sure you planned on adding a picture

Upvote 0

kallililly1973

Unless it’s a ghost snail

Upvote 0

mattgirl

Definitely doesn't look like any of my assassin snails but I can't say what kind it actually is.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

That has got to be the most mystery of a snail I have ever seen! I agree I don't think assassin either.

Upvote 0

Roman96

I want to say pond snail but I dont know. Doesn't look like a bladder snail. Did you order these from ebay? And more specifically, from, "freshwat-90?" I ordered some ramshorn snails from them a week ago and they are all doing good. Just thought it was a coincidence to find someone else buying the same thing on here. I may be sounding completely insane because you could have bought them from a completely different place and I'm just rambling on about it.

Upvote 0

mattgirl

That has got to be the most mystery of a snail I have ever seen! I agree I don't think assassin either.
I totally agree. I've never seen one that looks exactly like this one.

Upvote 0

richiep

I wanted to say pond or bladder but the photo is not conclusive, any chance of a few more photos of different angles

Upvote 0

kallililly1973

I seen the pics on my phone but couldn't see them very good but now lookin at em on my laptop it almost looks more along the lines of a malaysian trumpet snail especially the 3rd pic. Or maybe a rabbit snail? Just going by the spiral shell leading me to think that. Maybe Feohw can ID it for u?

Upvote 0

Camry

I wanted to say pond or bladder but the photo is not conclusive, any chance of a few more photos of different angles

I took a few more photos this is one shy snail lol

Upvote 0

mattgirl

Well, we know it isn't an assassin, pond, bladder, trumpet, ramshorn, nerite and I feel sure it isn't a rabbit. Can you contact the person you got the ramshorns from to see if they have any idea as to what it is?

Upvote 0

richiep

Time for drastic measures, put it in the palm of your hand and take some photos i think that may enhance its appearance

Upvote 0

Camry

Well, we know it isn't an assassin, pond, bladder, trumpet, ramshorn, nerite and I feel sure it isn't a rabbit. Can you contact the person you got the ramshorns from to see if they have any idea as to what it is?

I contacted the seller now I just have to wait and see

Upvote 0

mattgirl

The middle photo in the first group of them reminded me of a spider so of course I had to google "spider snail". Believe it or not there is such a thing I am sure this isn't one but it surprised me to find they do exist. I couldn't think of other names to search for.

Upvote 0

Camry

Time for drastic measures, put it in the palm of your hand and take some photos i think that may enhance its appearance

Hopefully these help some... my phone said NOPe to super closes ups. I’m new to snail but it seems his shell is shedding or something

Upvote 0

richiep

bang goes that theory get a bit closer

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Its the fishlore stumper of the day.

Upvote 0

Camry

This was about as close as I could get with pictures

Upvote 0

richiep

that may just be algae or a thin piece of shell, this guy dosnt want to give up its secrets

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Lol every time I look at it it looks like a butterfly pupa.

Upvote 0

Camry

that may just be algae or a thin piece of shell, this guy dosnt want to give up its secrets

He certainly doesn’t such a strange lil dude

Upvote 0

mattgirl

Are you sure all of these pictures are of the same creature? If so I think we must be seeing a shapeshifter

Upvote 0

Camry

Are you sure all of these pictures are of the same creature? If so I think we must be seeing a shapeshifter

Yep definitely the same snail XD

Upvote 0

Camry

Geez the closer I get the weirder he looks. I’m currently acclimating him to my tank the warmth seems to be waking him up a bit

Upvote 0

richiep

i think its an unusual coloured pond/bladder snail

Upvote 0

mattgirl

That is a very real possibility but I didn't think they had such a pronounced swirl. I have what I think are bladder snails. Their back end is kinda pointed but nothing like this mysterious creature. This one does seem to be very unique in both coloring and shape.

Upvote 0

kallililly1973

I sticking to my guns with an MTS. Maybe they are conjoined twins or some other sort of mutation?

Upvote 0

Camry

The seller got back to me and apparently he’s a trumpet snail

Upvote 0

richiep

10 out of 10 kallililly1973

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ari840