Snail Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Invertebrates' started by Shoe0402, Jul 30, 2017.

1. S

Shoe0402 Valued Member Member

Hi guys we recently bought 2 snails for our new 55 gallon tank and was just curious what type of care they require? We had some in our other tank and didn't have any luck with them so we wanted to try and get them to survive. The one was flipped up this morning so I flipped it back over the other seems to be out and moving. Just wondering if anybody had any success keeping these alive?

2. Keystone

Keystone Well Known Member Member

What type of snail did you get?

3. penguin02

penguin02 Well Known Member Member

Feed algae wafers right before you turn the lights off so they can eat in peace. That's about it. I've always had good luck with snails.

4. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Algae wafers or veggies like cucumbers and zucchini will work

5. JLeeM

JLeeM Well Known Member Member

What kind did you get?

6. OP
    OP
    S

Shoe0402 Valued Member Member

I believe they r just nitrate snails I will try the cucumbers can my other fish eat that too?

7. Reef13G YT

Reef13G YT Valued Member Member

same with my Salt Water Turbo Snail they just flip over and die. No clue whats going on

8. E

EchoZ New Member Member

If your water parameters are good snails are pretty easy just feed them a tiny bit to not muck up your water. They will also eat your fishes extra food if it floats to the bottom. in 55 gallon there should be plenty of extra food that you won't have to feed the snails very often.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice