Snail Foods? Question

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Duardo, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Duardo

DuardoValued MemberMember

So I had 2 mystery snails, and one died this morning and he was a big boy who I had for 7 months since I started my aquarium. But I'm confused how he died. I believe he starved to death because the water and everything else is fine and he wasn't old. I think since I have been feeding my fish a little less and the flakes are smaller he couldnt eat enough. So I was wondering whats some good snail food to have in the tank? I use the little fish feeders that sink and they also would eat the cory's wafers if they werent eaten. But Ive cut down on these since they make such a mess. Would zuccini be sufficient? I also heard about egg shells but i assume thats for calcium and not as food? Any tips or links would be appriacted thank you!

2. penguin02

penguin02Well Known MemberMember

Algae wafers are the best because they dissolve slowly, so the snails can get them when the fish are asleep.

3. emmysjj

emmysjjWell Known MemberMember

My mystery goes crazy for zuchini. They need protein so sub between algae wafers, shrimp wafers, and fresh veggies.

4. BaraYoukai

BaraYoukaiValued MemberMember

What are some other protein ideas besides shrimp wafers?

5. AnnaP

AnnaPValued MemberMember

I had to take my mystery snail out of the community aquarium today because I think he’s been starving. Have him in a little “hospital aquarium” now to recover. Blanched a spinach leaf and gave him a shrimp pellet . He didn’t touch spinach but gobbled up the shrimp pellet pretty quick! I think he doesn’t like spinach. I gave it to him before and he never ate it. I figured if he were starting he would and left him be until about three days ago he became very inactive. I think if he survives and I put him back in the main tank, I’ll try giving him shrimp pellets when the other fish are sleeping. Although I also have two Corys and a shrimp. His odds are not good :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice