Snail Feeding Tips ...

Discussion in 'Snails' started by WeAreAllMadHere, Apr 17, 2018.

1. WeAreAllMadHereNew MemberMember

Hi!
    I read on an old post here that some people just throw raw veggies in....I'm curious how you make them sink???

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

you need to be careful with veggies, go organically grown. snails are extra sensitive to pesticides. You can buy algae clips to hold down the vegetables or put a rock on top of them. don't leave the veggies in their longer than a day since they will start to rot.

3. Skye_marilyn

Skye_marilynWell Known MemberMember

Yes use organic veggies and there is no need the weigh them down the snails will find it and grab on, but if you want help them out you can hold it with a pair of aquascaping tweezers in front of their face until they grab it. You can also put them on a fork which will make removal easy and hold them down. I recommend boiling/blanching veggies first because it make it a lot easier for them to eat.

4. Snailwhisperer

SnailwhispererValued MemberMember

I have some giant ramshorn and rabbit snails that love romain. I put in a whole leaf and put a little gravel on top. Mystery snails climb on it too. I can't tell if they are eating it of just checking it out.

5. Bithimala

BithimalaFishlore VIPMember

I use veggie clips. Depending on the type of veggie, you can leave some in longer than others without a concern.

6. OP
    OP
    W

WeAreAllMadHereNew MemberMember

Thanks everyone!!!!

7. Keystone

KeystoneWell Known MemberMember

Blanched veggies will sink easier. Frozen one will also sink easier when thawed out

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice