Snail Eggs ?

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Monee, Apr 11, 2019.

1. MoneeValued MemberMember

My mystery snail laid eggs today. I put them in a container with a damp paper towel and let it float on top of the tank water. Two hours later I checked on them and the container was full of water. I emptied the water and put them on a damp towel in the container again. It has been fine since then. I don’t know how it got full of water. Did I kill them with the water or will they be ok?

2. richie.pWell Known MemberMember

They may have drowned but if not they will start to change colour in a couple of weeks. If they are dead I'd imagine the smell will get to you, do you have a hang on the back filter your container floated under

3. MoneeValued MemberMember

It was clipped to the side of the tank so it could not move. I hope I didn’t drown them. This snail climbed out of the tank and put those eggs on the outside of my hob filter. Weird.

4. richie.pWell Known MemberMember

That's strange isn't there enough room inside above the water line or as she just preferd to do it that way, you never know the tub may have just filled before you noticed them

5. MoneeValued MemberMember

I keep the water line high. I have never had them place eggs before. It is strange that one climbed out to lay eggs.

6. richie.pWell Known MemberMember

If the water was a bit lower she would have laid them inside the tank there was probably not enough room inside so she did the next best thing