Snail Eggs?

KimAnnKitz

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Mystery snail eggs will be above the water line and look like a clump of pink bubbles. At least mine have always laid pink eggs. If I leave them alone they always hatch for me. I had a ton of baby snails about large bb size when my 16 gallon sprung a big leak. I only had a 6 gallon backup tank so I could only save a few. Unless you want to sell them or have a bunch of friends to gift with snails, I would remove the eggs from the tank if you do get some. I was kinda fun watching them develop though.

A. Rozhin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I had a snail do that recently, and it died the next day. I've never seen a snail poop that much at once. Mine was a nerite, but it looks like that, just white stringy junk. Make sure you check it occasionally, they can muck up a tank quickly once they die (and I hope yours lives, that's a gorgeous one).

Zypher023

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A. Rozhin said:
I had a snail do that recently, and it died the next day. I've never seen a snail poop that much at once. Mine was a nerite, but it looks like that, just white stringy junk. Make sure you check it occasionally, they can muck up a tank quickly once they die (and I hope yours lives, that's a gorgeous one).
Mine poop like that all the time, and I have 6 mysteries. I’ve noticed it seems to be lightest when they’re running out of things to eat.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom