Snail Eggs???

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Goldfishfreak, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Goldfishfreak

GoldfishfreakValued MemberMember

I have a 10g planted tank stocked with:
    A betta (male), an ivory mystery snail, and an unknown kind of small black snail that came with one of my plants.

I found these this morning and I have no idea what they are. I thought maybe snail eggs but my ivory is the size of a large marble and the other snail is the size of small aquarium gravel. If anyone has any ideas of what this could be it would be greatly appreciated!

If you need a better picture let me know.

The second picture is what happens when your betta gets too curious about the camera lol.

Attached Files:

2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

That black snail was a pest snail. It’s kinda hard for me to tell the eggs apart, but there are some people here who can. Can you post the pest snail picture?

Also, this may be the beginning of an infestation. Try to remove the eggs.

If they are bladder snails, they will breed even if there isn’t enough food to support the colony. All of my tanks that ever had bladder snails suffered a crash and complete wipeout of bladders. Then, you will have ammonia problems.

If it’s from a ramshorn, it shouldn’t be to the point of colony collapse. IME, ramshorn breed until their numbers are sustainable.

3. OP
    OP
    Goldfishfreak

Its not a ramhorn I know what they look like I will look for the snail and post a picture. Give me a few minutes. If it is a bladder snail and I get babies I have a tank with kuhli loaches would they eat them?

4. OP
    OP
    Goldfishfreak

Here is a picture of the snail. I moved it and the eggs on the leaf into a small glass bowl.

Attached Files:

5. 75g Discus Tank

That’s a bladder snail. Kill it.

6. OP
    OP
    Goldfishfreak

Could I put it in my 30g tank with my kuhli loaches? Or should I just kill it myself. Also what should I do with the eggs?

7. 75g Discus Tank

Just let the eggs dry out. The kuhli loaches won't eat the snail.

8. OP
    OP
    Goldfishfreak

OK thanks!

9. Ms rose

Ms roseWell Known MemberMember

I can't see any eggs. Where are you talking about? On your filter, or the plants?

10. OP
    OP
    Goldfishfreak

On the Java fern leaf there are some clear eggs. I already solved the problem though. Thanks anyway!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice