Snail Eggs? Help

Discussion in 'Snails' started by JoelTRG, Jul 15, 2015.

1. J

JoelTRG Valued Member Member

Ok I'm curious as to what these are they've been there for awhile and from my research they kinda look like snail eggs I have two nerite snails. One is zebra the other one is like orange and has dots along it I'm not sure what type. Anyways if anyone could tell me what these are That'd be great.

If they are snail eggs id like to know how to care I currently have an extra five gallon if I need to move them there.

(The photo will be added when I can figure out how to attach it on IOS.)

Thanks,
    Joel

[​IMG]
    Here's the picture*^^^

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2015
  2. i

isacr Valued Member Member

Nerite snails eggs will only hatch in brackish water.

3. OP
    OP
    J

Should I make my other tank brackish?
    I would like to try hatching the snails for experience. Also because I need a few. They've been there for awhile do you think they are dead.

Thanks for the help,
    Joel

4. Gekco

Gekco Well Known Member Member

You could make your other tank brackish and try and hatch the eggs. I've read that "Nerite Snail eggs are extremely hardy, designed to remain dormant in the wild until seasonal conditions submerge them in brackish water tidal waters. Once submerged in brackish water, the Nerite babies will hatch"

5. OP
    OP
    J

Thank you so much.
    My second question is in regards to once they hatch.. How to care for them. (Feeding, etc.)
    My third question is what is the best way to make my water brackish.
    Thanks,
    Joel

6. Gekco

Gekco Well Known Member Member

I'm not sure on those questions, but you might get more help if you post in the snail section of the forum.

I wish you good luck on your nerite snail eggs :) and I hope you can get the answers you are looking for.
    Upon looking in my tank I think I have some eggs in my tank now lol.

Sent from my iPod touch using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. octopanda

octopanda Well Known Member Member

good luck with the eggs!

8. OP
    OP
    J

Thanks guys!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice