Snail eggs

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Janmitch22, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Janmitch22Valued MemberMember

Just wondering if any of y'all knew the birthrate of black mystery snails. I'm waiting for mass infiltration of snails, but I just have these same three, with the ring leader, Boss Hogg, eating up all of the food. I guess it's possible that I have same-sex snails.  Clown plecos wouldn't eat eggs, would they? I've seen mine eat flake food and wood....

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

They lay their eggs above the water line in grape shaped masses. seems they take awhile, mine haven't bed yet either.
    Carol

3. Janmitch22Valued MemberMember

I researched as soon as I sent that post.  I didn't know you had to lower the water level and stuff...so I'll try it.  I'm hoping I can get away with an inch; the sound of falling water tends to get on my nerves if I'm trying to concentrate. TMI, but yeah, I'll lower my water level and see what I can see.

4. ShortyValued MemberMember

Are all snails hermaphrodite? Cause it could be they are just a slow at getting round to the business end :)

5. Janmitch22Valued MemberMember

These snails are definitely sexed. I thought the same until I did some research this morning.

6. ShortyValued MemberMember

Ahh, I didn't know that :) I just assumed they were all capable of being both sexes, like regular snails. :)

7. JonWell Known MemberMember

if u want snails and you cant get babies on ure own petco's tanks are usually infested with babies that they give away for free ^,^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice