Snail Eating Fish

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hello! I am going to my LFS today to get some plants, I am going to get a plant that is in one of the tube things because I don't wanna risk snails. However in the future I would like to get some plants that might have snails on them. Does anyone know of a snail eating fish? I don't care if the shells are left all over I just wan't to have something that COULD get rid of snails. I know about yoyo loaches and clown loaches. I wan't something that will be compatible with lace catfish and a Blood parrot cichlid. The tank size is 75 gallon if that helps. All feedback is appreciated!

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The only time I had (have) snail trouble is the ONE time I did not treat the plants before planting them. I will not make that mistake again. I swish and dip the plants in a heavy salt solution looking for eggs. Make sure to rinse well before planting.

I know of no small snail eater fish. Assassin snails work but can become a pest in themselves. Prevention is the best bet. Especially if you want good snails like mystery snails.

New Threads