Snail Eating Fish

Discussion in 'Red Devil Cichlid' started by CaptainAquatics, Mar 25, 2018.

1. CaptainAquaticsWell Known MemberMember

Hello! I am going to my LFS today to get some plants, I am going to get a plant that is in one of the tube things because I don't wanna risk snails. However in the future I would like to get some plants that might have snails on them. Does anyone know of a snail eating fish? I don't care if the shells are left all over I just wan't to have something that COULD get rid of snails. I know about yoyo loaches and clown loaches. I wan't something that will be compatible with lace catfish and a Blood parrot cichlid. The tank size is 75 gallon if that helps. All feedback is appreciated! :)

2. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

The only time I had (have) snail trouble is the ONE time I did not treat the plants before planting them. I will not make that mistake again. I swish and dip the plants in a heavy salt solution looking for eggs. Make sure to rinse well before planting.

I know of no small snail eater fish. Assassin snails work but can become a pest in themselves. Prevention is the best bet. Especially if you want good snails like mystery snails.

3. emmysjjWell Known MemberMember

Pea puffers?

You should order from BucePlant. No snails, Live guarantee. Healthier too.