Snail and gourami

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by MatthewM, Jul 14, 2015.

1. MatthewM

MatthewM Valued Member Member

Since i started dosing excel, flourish, iron, potassium, and added root tabs last night, one if my thick lip gouramis either stays at the bottom in one spot, or stays at the top in one spot. Is it going to die? Should i be concerned? And since doing that, my golden mystery snail stopped in one spot on the glass, and hid everything not holding him to the glass. All day. I nudged him a bit to see what he would do, he dropped to the sand and laid with about half out, half in, and hasnt moved since...did the ferts kill my snail?...

2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

I do know some inverts are sensitive to copper but unless you overdosed the ferts, it should have been fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. derkulies

derkulies Valued Member Member

Check your water for ammonia,nitrites, nitrates. See its quality my gouramis seemed to loose activity when nitrates got over 40ppm (liquid test) I've been getting it back to 20 and they seem happy again

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. N

New Fish in Town Well Known Member Member

I have a golden mystery snail that can be active sometimes, but other times it won't move for about a day and I have to move it to see if it is still alive.

5. OP
    OP
    MatthewM

MatthewM Valued Member Member

The snail was just playing dead it's all over now, the gourami on the other hand, has dropsy.

6. derkulies

derkulies Valued Member Member

I'm terribly sorry to hear that try giving him a salt water bath. I've read that helps sometimes if not then probably should euthanize. It's a terribly painful way to go :( best of luck to you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice