Snack time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuppyGuy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So a few weeks ago i got my first plants for my 45gal. Of course there is the chance of getting snails in your tank from it but i wasnt too worried. Yesterday we did a huge overhaul of the 10Gal, gravel vac/scrubbed sides/50% water change. The 45 also got a gravel vac and a small water change. Both have had all ornaments reorganized.
Anyway while we were doing this i found a cheeky little snail on the side of the 45. Now we had a dilemma. We could put it in the 10gal on its own and let it live happily cleaning for us but neither I nor my girlfriend are fans of snails. So we thought her dad's cichlids could have it. We dropped the teeny snail into the tank right over a 10 inch oscar named 'manfish' who just watched is slowly sink and got ready to eat it. Before he could, a convict darted in and before manfish knew what was going on the convict was halfway to the other side of the tank. He sat there chewing for a few moments before spitting up a few crumbs.

OP
T

ThatGuppyGuy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If i knew it would be just one that wouldnt be able to breed i might be ok with it, just found another in the 45 though. Don't want an out of control snail population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom