Smallest Type of Loach?

FrankdaTank

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was just doing some research on yo-yo loaches and Fishy Friend mentioned two loaches to check out- Zebra Loach and Dwarf Chain Loach. Zebra Loaches look like they get about 4" and Dwarf Loaches look to be much smaller around like 2".

Skunk Loaches are also quite small at about 2". However, be warned, these skunk loaches are pretty aggressive despite their small size. Very cool fish, but they are like tiger barbs, they can really harass other fish in the tank.

junebug

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Dwarf chain loaches are the smallest I know of. Some species of kuhli actually get quite large, up to 6" from what I hear. Dwarf chain loaches stay around 2" or smaller. Cute little buggers, too. I did love mine, though I only had them a short while.

ricmcc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would say Zebra, but they may very well be the Dwarf chain loaches that June mentions. At any rate, they get to only about 2 1/2 inches, and, like the French and me, eat snails. They are not so fussy about the sauce, either.-rick

Claire Bear

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey guys, you all missed the smallest loach! The Panda loach is the smallest loach there is at a tiny 1 plus inch and adorable.

ricmcc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Now, back to the size matters thread, I have officially changed my name to Panda-rick

Kuhligirl93

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Check out the Burmese rosy loach I've never personally owned them (I'd love to if I could find them at a LFS) but I've heard a lot about them! They stay pretty tiny, around 1".

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom