Smallest Knifefish Species?

Jake Micallef

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Is there a species of knifefish that can live in a 35 gal for its whole life and be happy - I've always been interested in knifefish but have never kept one - it could go in a 40 gal too as I will be upgrading soon.

If there's not cool - but please no hate because I couldn't find the smallest species of knife fish anywhere else online
Thanks, Jake

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As far as availability in the hobby, I don't think there are any of the really small species being imported. I'm fairly certain they exist in the wild, but we don't get them because their small size makes them difficult to collect, and there is not sufficient profit in it.

Jake Micallef

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
chromedome52 said:
As far as availability in the hobby, I don't think there are any of the really small species being imported. I'm fairly certain they exist in the wild, but we don't get them because their small size makes them difficult to collect, and there is not sufficient profit in it.
Your right - there probably are small species - I just have always been really fascinated in the way they move, that's why I want one so **** bad.

Stephen Hiatt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I believe glass knives don't get too big.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads