Smallest heater you can name?

Red1313
Hi, I'm setting up a new tank and have left questions all over the site about it but I swear<fingers crossed> that this is one of the last. I'm in a basement so it's never really very warm. Know any good heaters that are less then 8 inches long? (if not submersible b/c the tank's roughly a foot long...)

Lucy
I have a Penn Plax and a Frix that're hang on the back filters (not submersible) That are about 7" long, I don't know their wattage.

I can't comment on their reliability because they came with a used tank I bought and I've never used them.

Red1313
Hmmm... I've never heard of those but I'll keep a look out for them thanks.

tkfury
I believe visi-therm stealth heaters are considiered some of the best heaters out there, fully submersible though they are a bit long - 25W is a little over 8" while the 250W is 15".

Lucy
I have the stealth heater, I like them, but didn't mention it because he was looking for 7" heaters.

Red1313
The 8" would probably be ok if I could turn it sideways on my tank.
the tank itself is just 8" so it's hit or miss usually if somethings too long to put vertically without burying the end in the gravel.

COBettaCouple
Hydor Theo heaters are the smallest heaters that I'd use.

Lucy
Hydor Theo heaters are the smallest heaters that I'd use.

Hey, welcome back, I hope the move went well.

What's the lowest watt the Hydor Theo comes in and how long is it?

COBettaCouple
Thanks. It went well, but a 30 gallon tank got broken in the move.

The Hydor Theo comes in 25w - 400w and they start about 6-7" long.
Hey, welcome back, I hope the move went well.

What's the lowest watt the Hydor Theo comes in and how long is it?

Lucy
Ouch, sorry about the broken tank.

Thanks for info about the heater, the stealth wouldn't fit into Red's tank.

COBettaCouple
Is this tank the 2.5g mini-bow tank?

Red1313
no it's a 2.5 gal rectangular tank I bought at petsmart. I don't have the exact measurements but I did have an 8 inch heater that a bought for it that doesn't fit b/c it's tip touches the bottom of the tank.

David C
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldnt the stealth still work if you kept the top out of water, just so long as the water level were above the water line marked on the heater??

COBettaCouple
I have some of those tanks and have put 25w stealths in them. Either stuck to the bottom or stuck to the side at an angle.
no it's a 2.5 gal rectangular tank I bought at petsmart. I don't have the exact measurements but I did have an 8 inch heater that a bought for it that doesn't fit b/c it's tip touches the bottom of the tank.

Red1313
Thanks everyone I'll look into it.

molliemom3
I just bought from walmart a Junior Heater its 4 inches and is 7.5 watt for aquariums size 2 thru 5 gallons

Butterfly
I just bought from walmart a Junior Heater its 4 inches and is 7.5 watt for aquariums size 2 thru 5 gallons
If I'm not mistaken those have pre-set temps. Mine didn't work very well because the pre-set temp wasn't high enough for what I needed.

7-1/2 inch - I have one of these in a fry tank.

7 inches- click on more info for length

Hope that helps
Carol

MinxMermaid

let me know how that works for you, as now that summer's coming to an end, I'll need to add heaters to my 2.5 minI bow and in my divided tanks.

up till now, my water has been around 80 degrees so I havn't needed it, but I know I will soon.

BTW, how much was that?

thanks

Allie
I have these heaters

MinxMermaid
Yeah, we've got a couple of those in Royal Blue's tank and in our Puffer tank. But would still like something smaller for the 2.5 minI bow.

Lucy

I have one, my advice is to return it.
In my 1.5 hex, it kept the water at about 80F, not too much of a fluctuation, but in my 4 gallon (kritter keeper QT, It doesn't keep a consistant temperature. It goes between 75F to 90F

cognizant
I have been having trouble finding heaters for my 2.5's as well. Should have considered that before I bought the tanks, but I guess I learned the hard way.

molliemom3
it's regulary $7.50 but it was on sale for $4.00 I haven't used it yet because I am cycling right now and I don't have my betta yet

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Leonfish1234
Replies
Views
Rosie211
Replies
Views
ruud
Replies
Views