Small white worms?

Grace4514

Yesterday I noticed there were these itty bitty white worms in the tank floats around after turning the bubbles and stuff off and they slowly sank to the bottom. They werent very long at all and they moved in like mosquitoe larvae but smaller I couldnt get a picture of them they're so small. I did a deep clean on the tank and I havent seen any today but I dont know what in the world they are and they gross me out so badly lol

OP
Grace4514

Grace4514

How do they even get in there????? I saw some articles about those but how in the world do they get in there? I would understand if I had bought new fish or plants or something but lol.

Crimson_687

Well Known
Grace4514 said:
How do they even get in there????? I saw some articles about those but how in the world do they get in there? I would understand if I had bought new fish or plants or something but lol.
Magic, of course!

I honestly don’t know how they get in a tank. I have them in my shrimp tank, but don’t have them in my fish tank (I probably do and just don’t see them)

OP
Grace4514

Grace4514

It's so disgusting lol. Like what are they just in the tap water and then wait for you to overfeed your fish? Lolll

Crimson_687

Well Known
Grace4514 said:
It's so disgusting lol. Like what are they just in the tap water and then wait for you to overfeed your fish? Lolll
They’re actually quite sensitive. I had to treat hydra once, and it worked on them too (fenbendazole is a dewormer so no surprise). I think heavy metals may also kill them

New Threads