Small White Thing Coming Out Underneath Betta

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by 403Error, Apr 20, 2018.

1. 403ErrorNew MemberMember

image.jpgimage.jpg I’ve had Beef Cake for a while now, about a month. I got him at Petco labeled “Baby boy” So I assume it’s a boy Betta. Anyways, I keep him in a .7 gal tank because that’s all I can afford right now. As soon as I get the money at most I can get is a 5 gal and least is 2.5 gal. I don’t have that much room. His tank is heated and I check the temperature often. I clean out the poop every 2-3 days with a turkey baster and change the water every day. At the least 25% and most 50%. There are 3 sma Marimos that live with him.
    Just about 2 weeks ago this white tiny ball is protruding out from underneath him. Right after the two small fins in the front. A 2 or few times he’s been over fed by my family because they think I can’t feed him myself. So I’ve fasted him and the swelling goes down, but that small white thing still stays.
    I can’t figure out what it is, but his behavior hasn’t changed at all from what I’ve seen. He still goes up to the wall and says “hello” and wiggles back and forth. It doesn’t seem to bother him?
    Should I be concerned? What is it??

Attached Files:

2. MWRValued MemberMember

Might want to change the name to "Sweet Cake" - appears you might have a female. The white tiny ball looks like an egg tube.

3. KamaileValued MemberMember

I agree; your fish definitely looks like a female. I don't think Petco should sell "baby girls" and "baby boys." "Baby betta" would be ok, but they seem to get sex wrong just as often as they get it right. I don't feel confident sexing my babies until they're almost a month older than the babies Petco puts on the shelf...

4. 403ErrorNew MemberMember

Yeah;; after reading about Petco messing up the sexes here and there, I’ve been reluctant to think it’s correct or not. I guess now I gotta girl! And I still love her just as much! Thanks for your help!

5. AJ34Valued MemberMember

I had a mini freak out this morning about that little white dot because this is the first girl betta I have had and I just noticed it. haha, it is a good thing I read here because I was starting to think she was sick! Phew! My girl looks similar...a lot of females seem to be that same color I guess!

6. KamaileValued MemberMember

Red is a dominant color in bettas, and it's especially common when a breeder isn't paying very close attention to what fish they're pairing.

7. AJ34Valued MemberMember

Makes total sense! What about black? I have a mostly black betta with a little blue on body and whitish silver tail. I have yet to see one his same color so was curious !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice