Small White Spot On Mouth Of Fish

roXen

Reaction score
I just got these from Petco 2 days ago and today two of the diamond tetras are showing a small white spot on their mouth that wasn't there before.

29 gallon tank.
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
Havent checked nitrates

Current stocking includes 1 betta and four diamond tetras. Tank was setup about a month ago. I'm relatively new to all of this and one small change in the fish appearance or behavior makes me worried.

Below are s
20190419_204341.jpg
20190419_204344.jpg

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
roXen said:
I just got these from Petco 2 days ago and today two of the diamond tetras are showing a small white spot on their mouth that wasn't there before.

29 gallon tank.
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
Havent checked nitrates

Current stocking includes 1 betta and four diamond tetras. Tank was setup about a month ago. I'm relatively new to all of this and one small change in the fish appearance or behavior makes me worried.

Below are s
20190419_204341.jpg
20190419_204344.jpg
This almost looks like ich. I would say watch it, and if more pop up, then treat for ich. Hope this helps

OP
roXen

roXen

Reaction score
CaptainAquatics said:
This almost looks like ich. I would say watch it, and if more pop up, then treat for ich. Hope this helps
Thanks I will keep a close eye.

OP
roXen

roXen

Reaction score
The white spot is unfortunately still on the lip. I'm thinking of just doing a salt bath with the infected fish. Would that be an okay step to take?

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom