Small Tank Uses

Steampunkpug

Reaction score
Is there anything a one or one and a half gallon tank good for? It’s a Top Fin with a small filter. Someone gave me a betta in it, don’t worry, he’s now in a ten gallon and loving life, but what are these tiny tanks used for?!

Seasoldier

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, the only thing I could think of using it for would be a shrimp / snail tank, I wouldn't even consider putting fish of any type into it unless you used as a grow on tank for fry???

Benfreshwater

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a small tank like the one you describe but it has no filter just a plain glass tank so I would have to put a filter into it taking up even more space!!... Only idea i have ever had is like Seasoldier says I was going to use it for a shrimp tank. Never done anything with it though it's just sat in my garage atm. Watching this thread incase anybody gives you a good idea that I could also use!

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'd probably just use to to grow algae on rocks for my algae eaters. Or maybe just plant it up and make it look nice. I'm not a fan of putting shrimp in very small tanks like that personally. Some people like to do marimo moss ball gardens.

Steampunkpug

Reaction score
Hi seasoldier. I was thinking shrimp, but it’s so tiny I’d still feel bad putting them in there! I didn’t even think of a snail tank. I have pea puffers and it would be perfect for a snail tank. Thanks for the ideas.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom