Small Small Small Tank For Growing Plants & Fry Maybe.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Cruise, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Cruise

Cruise Valued Member Member

Hi guys.
    I have 4 tanks in total, only 2 of which are setup at the moment. I bought a bag of Eco Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate with the idea of growing some plant cuttings and bits of plants I pulled out of the tank on the right.

20170418_181048_zps8xt0t858.jpg
    I thought once I have the tank cycled introduce some molly fry and let them grow without being eaten then trade them off for goods at my local aquarium shop. I didn’t have a background for the small tank so I cut down a black garbage bag and taped that to the back of the tank, I think it give the tank a better look.

I’ve never used Eco Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate before; I heard it was a good product. I woke up the morning after the tank was setup expecting plant growth. I realise I may have too much substrate in the bottom of the tank; I am running a trickle filter system. I don’t know brand name of the tank, let’s just say it’s a no-name brand

I’m not entirely sure what I am going to do with this tank in the long run, any suggestions of ideas?

Incidentally, there are plants on the surface of the water in the big tank, I am using them for the fry to hide in

2. meyowmeow

meyowmeow Valued Member Member

what size is the tank you are looking for stocking ideas?

3. OP
    OP
    Cruise

After some digging I found the specs. Its a Bluesea 310 brand. 17 litres in size. I measured it as 31 centimetres wide x 20 centimetres deep (front to back) and 32 centimetres high.
    The aquarium shop was changing owner and I had a good working relationship trading fish and plants and the like. They were throwing the tank out as no-one would buy it, its a 2nd hand tank.

I am thinking something small to stock the tank, maybe neon tetras or maybe something I haven't had before, some Endler's livebearer.

4. OP
    OP
    Cruise

I was thinking of putting my pregnant females into the small tank, the males keep wanting to impregnate her.

I need to check my water parameters and work out how many fish I can hold in the small tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice