30 Gallon Tank Small Pufferfish in Reef Aquarium?

ViridiosExotics

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
OK I have a Blue Spotted Pufferfish in my 33 gallon Saltwater aquarium (one of these)

It says they are not Reef compatible but I have 2 turbo snails in there and he never bothers them!
I was wondering if I could add some Button Polyps and Mushroom Coral and maybe some cleaner Shrimps and Hermit Crabs?

He is very friendly and never bothers anything in the tank.
BTW I have all the Equipment handle a REEF System such as Powerheads, Lighting, Skimmers etc...

Goldwing_Don

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That would be cool to see, But would you be welling to spend A boat load of money on the Button Polyps, Mushroom Coral, cleaner Shrimps and Hermit Crabs just for them to get eaten? I sure wouldn't. Someone has and thats way they say "NOT A REEF FISH" JMHO.

ViridiosExotics

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
He has lived with turbos for a long time so maybe he is OK, I guess it is down to individual fishes and some people may have different experiences.
I understand that there is a 'truce' between cleaner shrimps and fishes because of there parasite cleaning benefit?

I've seen coral reef tanks with Porcupine puffers but that just may be pure luck.

Goldwing_Don

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
in the real world yes, but most of the fish and Shrimps we get today are tank raised and breed

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom