Small Pufferfish in Reef Aquarium? 30 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by ViridiosExotics, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ViridiosExotics

ViridiosExotics Valued Member Member

:;dkOK I have a Blue Spotted Pufferfish in my 33 gallon Saltwater aquarium (one of these)

It says they are not Reef compatible but I have 2 turbo snails in there and he never bothers them!
    I was wondering if I could add some Button Polyps and Mushroom Coral and maybe some cleaner Shrimps and Hermit Crabs?

He is very friendly and never bothers anything in the tank.
    BTW I have all the Equipment handle a REEF System such as Powerheads, Lighting, Skimmers etc...
    :;f:;fb:;fg:;fr

2. Morgan111

Morgan111 Well Known Member Member

Mine ate them all before he died he would eat shrimp too

3. OP
    OP
    ViridiosExotics

I have heard Skunk Cleaner shrimps are introduced for there 'cleaning' of fishes, even predatory fish.

4. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

That would be cool to see, But would you be welling to spend A boat load of money on the Button Polyps, Mushroom Coral, cleaner Shrimps and Hermit Crabs just for them to get eaten? I sure wouldn't. Someone has and thats way they say "NOT A REEF FISH" JMHO.

5. OP
    OP
    ViridiosExotics

He has lived with turbos for a long time so maybe he is OK, I guess it is down to individual fishes and some people may have different experiences.
    I understand that there is a 'truce' between cleaner shrimps and fishes because of there parasite cleaning benefit?

I've seen coral reef tanks with Porcupine puffers but that just may be pure luck.

6. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

in the real world yes, but most of the fish and Shrimps we get today are tank raised and breed

7. OP
    OP
    ViridiosExotics

8. OP
    OP
    ViridiosExotics

As I said before it just must be pure luck to make that possible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice