Small Parasite Thing

NicksFishTanks

I has got some plants from a tiny pond on the side of a road not to long ago. It didn’t look like any fish lived in it, it was so small and shady. When I brought home some of the plants I started noticing little bugs and creatures in my tank. I’m the picture you can see one of them. They look like a piece of fish poop until they start moving. It extends its white arm thing and then pulls its self around on my glass. I’m not sure how many there are. Usually they just sit on some rocks in my tank. Anyone know what this is? It’s very small.
 

Attachments

  • 2D0F7FDA-9B59-42D7-9574-EC59F5921460.jpeg
    2D0F7FDA-9B59-42D7-9574-EC59F5921460.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 40

Somthingfishy01

It doesn't look good, I;m not sure what it is exactly but I can tell you that you shouldn't put nay foreign plants in your tank without, especially ponds in the side of the road which will have full of bacteria and bacterial infections, you should never do that, your tank might be contaminated now, I would advise you to get some strong medication, I don't know if you washed the plant and tried to clean it as much as you could before putting it in
 

NicksFishTanks

It doesn't look good, I;m not sure what it is exactly but I can tell you that you shouldn't put nay foreign plants in your tank without, especially ponds in the side of the road which will have full of bacteria and bacterial infections, you should never do that, your tank might be contaminated now, I would advise you to get some strong medication, I don't know if you washed the plant and tried to clean it as much as you could before putting it in
I think I’m just going to take the fish out and drain the tank for a few days. Or I might just crank the heater up to like °95 for a little while.
 

Truckjohn

Copper is often toxic to invertebrates (such as worms and many snails).... You could try a copper treatment per the recommended bottle instructions.... Note it helps to have a copper test kit to keep it at the correct ppm level to avoid toxicity to everything else.....
 

NicksFishTanks

Copper is often toxic to invertebrates (such as worms and many snails).... You could try a copper treatment per the recommended bottle instructions.... Note it helps to have a copper test kit to keep it at the correct ppm level to avoid toxicity to everything else.....
Oh that would be great! Just to kill all the worms and not anything else. Would it hurt the plants at all?
 

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
4
Views
248
mrjohn
Replies
3
Views
213
MrBryan723
Replies
17
Views
848
barbiespoodle
Replies
2
Views
259
JustAFishServant
Replies
13
Views
747
guppgirl

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom