Small Led For Tank

1. B

BigHuge34 New Member Member

Hi,

Let me describe my problem first. I have a JBJ 12g Nano-Cube. The tank has the main display and behind it has three separate compartments with the first one holding a sponge-type filter, the second has nothing in it, and the third has the pump that pulls the water into the main tank after running through the first two compartments. Now, I would like to make the second compartment into a type of refugium. I would like to grow chaeto in there but the main lights don't penetrate the back compartments. I need to find a small LED light that can provide the chaeto with the light it needs.

Now for the problem. I am trying to find a small LED light about 2x2 inches would be the biggest it could be. I have been scouring the internet and trying to find something but all I yield are headlamp-type lights. (amazon example) This doesn't work because it would either get salty and short out or the batteries would run out very quickly. I am not really sure what the best option would be here. My ideal light would be small and run off a wall outlet or somehow having the battery system outside of the tank (taped to the back would not be a problem).

If anyone has any ideas I'm welcome to them!

2. Joey Bekius

Joey Bekius Valued Member Member

U could make ur own, I have a jbj 24 gallon and the person who owned it before me built a box that goes on the back that holds a lightbulb