Small Led For Tank

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Builds' started by BigHuge34, Aug 30, 2018.

1. B

BigHuge34 New Member Member

Hi,

Let me describe my problem first. I have a JBJ 12g Nano-Cube. The tank has the main display and behind it has three separate compartments with the first one holding a sponge-type filter, the second has nothing in it, and the third has the pump that pulls the water into the main tank after running through the first two compartments. Now, I would like to make the second compartment into a type of refugium. I would like to grow chaeto in there but the main lights don't penetrate the back compartments. I need to find a small LED light that can provide the chaeto with the light it needs.

Now for the problem. I am trying to find a small LED light about 2x2 inches would be the biggest it could be. I have been scouring the internet and trying to find something but all I yield are headlamp-type lights. (amazon example) This doesn't work because it would either get salty and short out or the batteries would run out very quickly. I am not really sure what the best option would be here. My ideal light would be small and run off a wall outlet or somehow having the battery system outside of the tank (taped to the back would not be a problem).

If anyone has any ideas I'm welcome to them!

2. Joey Bekius

Joey Bekius Valued Member Member

U could make ur own, I have a jbj 24 gallon and the person who owned it before me built a box that goes on the back that holds a lightbulb

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice