Small Guilt, flipped snail over

UnknownUser

We’ve had the threads about horrible mistakes typically ending in demise for our babies, but what about tiny mistakes?

I was rearranging the tank for some new plants and my snail was apparently on the little house I have, I don’t know if I hit it or if he got scared and dropped but I felt a small bump against my hand and my baby was upside down on the substrate! I flipped him over but I feel so guilty for knocking the poor guy down

As a side note my new wisteria had some roots so I planted them under the substrate but the leaves are upside down? How does that happen???

flyinGourami

Aah... i've made a lot of mistakes that people would just shake their heads to, if that makes sense. I've forgotten to turn on the heater after a wc for 3 times now, and my poor fish had to endure a temperature drop. Thank goodness the water temp was at 68 degrees and not too low. I've also scared fish with my hand, I've got a net now. I have made a couple other mistakes but I don't want to reveal them lol.

kallililly1973

Did u replant the plant upside down?

julifhy

Not about fish, but I accidentally killed a baby spider today . I felt so bad .

husky194

bgntoc said:
Aah... i've made a lot of mistakes that people would just shake their heads to, if that makes sense. I've forgotten to turn on the heater after a wc for 3 times now, and my poor fish had to endure a temperature drop. Thank goodness the water temp was at 68 degrees and not too low. I've also scared fish with my hand, I've got a net now. I have made a couple other mistakes but I don't want to reveal them lol.
I've done this too - I finally created a "sign" that says HEATER on it that I take out with all of my other maintenance tools. It lays there as a reminder and I don't put it away until I've literally walked over and inspected the cord plugged in to the wall

flyinGourami

julifhy said:
Thats something a lot of people would be happy about

UnknownUser

kallililly1973 said:
Did u replant the plant upside down?
Maybe?? But if it is upside down, why are the roots on the wrong side??? Lol

julifhy said:
Oh no! I also don’t / can’t kill things. I am getting better at catching and releasing big scary spiders. But the only thing I can’t handle is hornets / wasps. I can’t kill it, but I’m PETRIFIED of them. Yesterday I ran into my room and called my mom to open the window

julifhy

bgntoc said:
Thats something a lot of people would be happy about
Spiders eat mosquitoes and bugs I don't like though lol. They do more help than harm tbh. I had a problem with small flies living in my house plants, a spider appeared, I let him stay, he ate the flies, and I freed him lol. But I've also had a spider kill my plant somehow and when I picked the plant up, it jumped out at me .

julifhy

UnknownUser said:
Oh no! I also don’t / can’t kill things. I am getting better at catching and releasing big scary spiders. But the only thing I can’t handle is hornets / wasps. I can’t kill it, but I’m PETRIFIED of them. Yesterday I ran into my room and called my mom to open the window
I use a clear cup to catch spiders, so it can be really scary lol. I'm "training" myself to not get scared of spiders. Hornets and wasps suck lol. They're usually pretty chill unless your trying to eat food outside... They won't leave you alone .

flyinGourami

julifhy said:
I use a clear cup to catch spiders, so it can be really scary lol. I'm "training" myself to not get scared of spiders. Hornets and wasps suck lol. They're usually pretty chill unless your trying to eat food outside... They won't leave you alone .
My training will take forever. My brother will catch bugs with no problem though.

husky194

I made a mistake that wasn't really my fault I received a shipment of fish about 6 years ago, I had ordered a Rio Negro pleco for my brother, I was going to keep it in my tank until he could come and transport it to his house. So I was adding my bags of different fish to my quarantine tank, things were going good, all bags were emptied. About an hour later I went back into the room to clean up the shipment mess when OMG! In the bag the Rio Negro came in... was a second one!!!! I had no idea he was in there since I only ordered one!!! I put him into the tank hoping he would survive.
He survived, but about 5 months later I noticed that both of his eyes had dried up.
I felt so terrible... I made sure he had a safe place to hide as well as watching so he could eat too. About 2 years after the incident, I could not believe it when I swore I saw him blink! Grabbed my cheaters and looked again, YUP!! He grew one eye back!! Today he's alive and well swimming in my son's tank - they call him "Stevie".
Amazing little creatures they are!

Dunk2

UnknownUser said:
We’ve had the threads about horrible mistakes typically ending in demise for our babies, but what about tiny mistakes?

I was rearranging the tank for some new plants and my snail was apparently on the little house I have, I don’t know if I hit it or if he got scared and dropped but I felt a small bump against my hand and my baby was upside down on the substrate! I flipped him over but I feel so guilty for knocking the poor guy down

As a side note my new wisteria had some roots so I planted them under the substrate but the leaves are upside down? How does that happen???
I find my Nerites upside down so often I think they enjoy it!

erinw347

whenever I rearrange my tank, I have to watch my kuhli loaches scramble and look for a hiding spot! it makes me sad for stressing them out

jkkgron2

Once I accidentally put my driftwood on top of my mystery snail... about an hour later I realized and moved him. I felt so bad for him! Luckily he’s doing good now

UnknownUser

jkkgron2 said:
Once I accidentally put my driftwood on top of my mystery snail... about an hour later I realized and moved him. I felt so bad for him! Luckily he’s doing good now
Oof, my biggest fear is that when I’m moving the driftwood or decorations I’ll accidentally put it down on a corydoras or snail! I keep an eye on them the whole time I’m in there just in case

Liv2011

Dunk2 said:
I find my Nerites upside down so often I think they enjoy it!
Same! hilarious
Most of the time they can get up themselves, but I still have to help them sometimes. I swear they need some sort of “help, I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!” alert system.

erinw347

Bringing this back.
Whenever I remove nerite eggs I feel guilty. I know they don’t turn into anything, but like, the little snails worked hard to make them!

UnknownUser

erinw347 said:
Bringing this back.
Whenever I remove nerite eggs I feel guilty. I know they don’t turn into anything, but like, the little snails worked hard to make them!
Gosh, I have a new small guilt! Whenever I vacuum the substrate I pull up quite a few MTS, and I have tons of them in there but I still feel bad for each individual one I end up killing haha

Dippiedee

Quite awhile back I pulled all the decor out of my 160 and took it to the sink to clean it. Didnt realise my bamboo shrimp was hanging out in the decor. Cleaned everything with running tap water and a toothbrush and put it all back, then flopping around miserably in the bottom of the sink was my poor shrimp. Scooped him up straight away and put him back in the tank; he was completely fine but I felt awful

Quiche

A bit gross, but a few weeks back I was doing a WC for my axolotls Big Gray, Vaccine, and Chris, and I felt one bump hard into my fingernail and dart away. A couple moments later I saw that there was a small glob of something under my nail and realized that it was a chunk of axolotl skin! I checked the axolotls and sure enough, there was a little pockmark on Big Gray where I'd scratched the poor gal. I mean, considering that axolotls can regenerate whole limbs, this really wasn't an issue for her, but man did I feel bad.

Chomskypom

husky194 said:
I've done this too - I finally created a "sign" that says HEATER on it that I take out with all of my other maintenance tools. It lays there as a reminder and I don't put it away until I've literally walked over and inspected the cord plugged in to the wall
That’s SUCH A GOOD IDEA omg

UnknownUser

Quiche said:
A bit gross, but a few weeks back I was doing a WC for my axolotls Big Gray, Vaccine, and Chris, and I felt one bump hard into my fingernail and dart away. A couple moments later I saw that there was a small glob of something under my nail and realized that it was a chunk of axolotl skin! I checked the axolotls and sure enough, there was a little pockmark on Big Gray where I'd scratched the poor gal. I mean, considering that axolotls can regenerate whole limbs, this really wasn't an issue for her, but man did I feel bad.
Gross! New task for fishkeeping: keep nails trimmed, hahah

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom