Small Floating Plants At Surface

Weeb Snail

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
What should i get for my 20 gallon long? I want to get honey gourami to be in my tank with 13 glowlights and 4 corydora.

I also have shrimp and snails, but im relocating them to their own tank soon.
I just want to know what good floating plant i can use, like some java moss or something tied to chicken crate and glued to the side with cyanoacrylate glue?

I also plan to get more corydora too

Weeb Snail

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
you could get something as simple as a floating moss ball
Lol, since my aquarium isnt capped off for ny snails to breath im scared that the moss ball will float near my filter's outtake and get submerged, then hit one of my fish

georgelee1000

Well Known Member
Reaction score
water lettuce hands down the best. Here’s why. It’s fast growing with very extensive root system. That helps absorb nitrate way more efficient than the slow growing plants. Esp for a shrimp tank, stability is the key. My shrimp tank can avoid water change for 2-3 week without even a tiny bit of nitrate.

2 for shrimp or higher level fish eg betta and gourami, these root systems provide them tons of hiding place. Fish are easily stressed without a place to hide. That’s why there are products like betta log betta leaf.

IMG_0901.JPG

Weeb Snail

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
water lettuce hands down the best. Here’s why. It’s fast growing with very extensive root system. That helps absorb nitrate way more efficient than the slow growing plants. Esp for a shrimp tank, stability is the key. My shrimp tank can avoid water change for 2-3 week without even a tiny bit of nitrate.

2 for shrimp or higher level fish eg betta and gourami, these root systems provide them tons of hiding place. Fish are easily stressed without a place to hide. That’s why there are products like betta log betta leaf.

With that being said, I have baby dwarf lettuce for sale now. I have a post in the misc-sale section with buyers review and pics. Pm if interested.

View attachment 505851
I thought that it grew up to ten inches, which is waay to big for my aquarium lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom