Small Fish Tank Ideas

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by David C, Dec 30, 2009.

1. D

David C Well Known Member Member

My wife has agreed that I can have another tank after I finish with my 55gal that I'm going to finally get aquascaped this weekend. Since the next tank will be larger I will make that the cichlid tank and I thought this would be nice as a small fish tank so I'm looking for ideas.

I was thinking of a school of rummynose, and a school of something a little bigger like the longfin tetra (blackskirt I think). Possibly a small school of hatchetfish for the surface and a couple of inverts for cleanup, cherry shrimp or ghost shrimp.

If you have any input I would greatly appreciate it, I'll be using a sand substrate if that matters.

Dave

2. play

play Valued Member Member

What size are you getting.
    :;rocker

3. OP
    OP
    D

David C Well Known Member Member

The 55 will be used for this. The larger tank that will go for cichlids will be around 110, depending on what is available on craigslist in February.

Dave

4. play

play Valued Member Member

I recommend a school of 6 rams 2 males a 4 females.and a pair o kribs.Or a large school of neon tetras,

5. bettafish2816

bettafish2816 Fishlore VIP Member

6. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Ooh, a 55 community tank... I would go with 3 different schools of larger tetras, 12 cories, a pair of angelfish as my centerpiece fish. I'd make the schools as big as possible, I think.

And personally, I am not crazy about plecos, but maybe a peppermint pleco.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice