Small Fish Ideas?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by CatsMeow, Apr 21, 2018.

1. CatsMeowValued MemberMember

So my betta has unfortunately passed and I've decided to get a slightly larger tank. Either 60l or 80l and get a few schools of very small colourful fish. Just looking for any suggestions really. I already have a 180l with a varied amount of fish so would like something different.

So far me and my son like the look of galaxy rasboras, emerald dwarf danios but havent seen much else.

Could someone possibly reccommend anything and suggest stocking levels for either tank which ever is more suitable.
    Hoping to have atleast 2 or maybe 3 species. Doesnt have to been schooling or anything

Thanks!

2. Mary765Fishlore VIPMember

Green neon tetra are tiny and schooling and colourful! In an 80l (20g) you could maybe pair up green neon tetra with one other tiny schooling fish. It's not the bioload we are worried about its the tank width. It would have to be a very long and not very tall 80l because that is what schooling fish need. Else, you can only have one school

3. MazeusWell Known MemberMember

Chili Rasboras! They are such a lovely colour.

4. aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

I really enjoy ember tetras and the pygmy cories! Would reccomend those.

Other than that, maybe look into lampchop rasboras.

5. 75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

Heavily plant it, and ember tetras look stunning!

6. CatsMeowValued MemberMember

Thank you, yeah I'm looking at long tank rather than width.

Ill have a look at those!

7. Rigelian417New MemberMember

I second the embers. I have a small school of them. They take a good while to stop hiding and being painfully shy but once they do finally come out of hiding they’re really fun to just sit and watch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice