Small bump on dorsal fin

CiwisAquatics

So this is one of my Bettas. I've had him for a little over a week, & just overnight he's developed this little lump on the end of his dorsal fin. I've tried to go through & see if anyone else has seen anything similar, but everything I find is at the base. He's about 6 months old. 5 gallon heated & filtered tank with no other tank mates. I was planning on breeding him in late June, but now I'm not sure if I can if this is something serious.

These are the best pictures i can get of it

AggressiveAquatics

Seeing that it’s on his fin and not the body I don’t think it is an issue. Just keep an eye on it and watch for any abnormal behavior

Upvote 0

MKnoob

So this is one of my Bettas. I've had him for a little over a week, & just overnight he's developed this little lump on the end of his dorsal fin. I've tried to go through & see if anyone else has seen anything similar, but everything I find is at the base. He's about 6 months old. 5 gallon heated & filtered tank with no other tank mates. I was planning on breeding him in late June, but now I'm not sure if I can if this is something serious.

These are the best pictures i can get of it
This just happened to my betta - what was your outcome? thanks!

Upvote 0

CiwisAquatics

This just happened to my betta - what was your outcome? thanks!
I believe it was just a cyst as it dissipated within a few days. He did recently get another one in the middle of his caudal, though, from what I believe to have been a bacterial infection. He seems to be doing just fine now, though.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Teris
Replies
Views
sassymomma
Replies
Views
Repolie