small betta tanks

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by smillermom, May 21, 2006.

1. smillermomValued MemberMember

Hi Betta owners!  I was looking online for some new decor for my cichlid tank on Petco and came across the Eclipse 5 gallon hex on sale for 29.95.  I paid 44.95 for mine!!! It is a great tank for a Betta as the filter is not so strong it disturbs the natural habitat!  Have included a pic of my Betta, Big Boy, in his tank!  Cheers!
    clear.gif

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Nice Betta!! Bet he enjoys his 5G tank!! They do so much better when they have room to move around.
    Carol

3. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Noel, one of my Bettas lives in one of those himself with 3 Otos and a Lovely Ivory Mystery Snail.  He loves his home and is healthy and has a lot of space to play and swim.  It is a really sweet tank and as you say very reasonably priced (Walmart has them for the same price in their stores here - They hide them really high up on the top shelf so everyone will buy the more expensive ones below)  I love the filter system that comes with it as it is one of the softest water flows that I have ever seen and perfect for Bettas.  I also have an airstone in mine as well due to the height of the tank, to add oxygen to the water.  I find it helps make the fish more animated with the oxygenated water.

Enjoy your new tank.  Big Boy is so BEAUTIFUL.  It is a pleasure to meet you both.  Come back and see us and thank you for letting us know about the tank being available for the good price at Petco.  

Rose
    :)

Attached Files:

4. smillermomValued MemberMember

Your welcome and I love your pics!  What a beautiful fish!  Sharon

5. PrayforMojoValued MemberMember

that is great and i think they appreciate certain friends in the tank with them. Sittingroom fish has two dwarf frogs with him and it has been the frogs going after him on occasion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice