Slow moving and docile fish recommendation?

MiaK

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
So I'm looking for some somehow slower, more docile fish? I like that my Apistogramma borellii are pretty slow moving with a lot of personality, they are not eating fast like tetras, danios etc. Do You have any compatible fish that would not eat like there is no tomorrow?

kattiq

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You could always try a honey gourami, they are mostly non-aggressive unless you have more males in a smaller space. What size tank do you have?

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would say guppies since guppies is the answer to everything but boy do they like to chow.
-
Pygmy cory are pretty laid back and will at times take a group swim across the tank so they are a bit more amusing than your average cory. My army of 9 otto in the 40B are pretty laid back but amusing. They like to sit around the zuc talking about it for a while before taking a nibble. Maybe it is a drinking game they play. That's all i can think of with regards to my personal stock - everything else zips when it wants food. The white fin rosy tetra (candy tetra) are pretty laid back till i put food in then they zip and snatch it as it falls. Even the nannacara will sit perfectly still waiting for a piece of food to fall in eye site and then zap he snags it.

OP
MiaK

MiaK

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have 20 gallon long with 6 kuhli loaches and a pair of apistogramma borellii. I just moved my 12 black neon tetras because I have been observing them for the last 2 days and I swear they even go for sinking pellets for my loaches and they are scaring them with those sudden moves while snatching whole pieces of pellet. Im also not a huge fan of bigger gouramis but maybe I will check sparkling or licorice. Thank you for recommendations, I will take a look at them :)

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I really wouldn't worry about the kuhli. I have approx 30 kuhli across three tanks and believe me when they want to eat they will eat.

MiaK said:
I have 20 gallon long with 6 kuhli loaches and a pair of apistogramma borellii. I just moved my 12 black neon tetras because I have been observing them for the last 2 days and I swear they even go for sinking pellets for my loaches and they are scaring them with those sudden moves while snatching whole pieces of pellet. Im also not a huge fan of bigger gouramis but maybe I will check sparkling or licorice. Thank you for recommendations, I will take a look at them :)

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom