Slow Growing Fry

Discussion in 'Molly' started by mrsdale, Apr 17, 2012.

1. m

mrsdale Valued Member Member

Hey guys, I've seen pictures of 2 month old fry that are easily ng enough to put in the main tank. My fry are 2 months old and I can't hardly tell te difference between now and the day they were born. I feed them 3 times a day. What's wrong? Is this normal?

2. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

What are you feeding them? Fry grow best with a high protein, high quality diet, and clean, heated water.

3. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

Try feeding them egg yolk can help frozen brine shrimp can help and live-bearer pellets can help too my fry are growing like weeds on that mix

4. OP
    OP
    m

mrsdale Valued Member Member

I feed them a mixture of small bites, regular frozen flake food, and crushed brine shrimp. The water parameters are perfect and they are in a breeder net in my 20 gallon community tank.

5. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

I think the reason they aren't growing is because they are in a breeder net. The need space to grow. I'd suggest trying to get your hands on a 10g or larger to grow them out in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice