Slim Skim Nano Gph

starrypotter

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm researching the possibility of setting up my first ever tank. I want to create a small reef aquarium, around 10-20 gallons most likely and I'm trying to price out all of the equipment I need to find out if it's going to be something I can reasonably do at this point in time.
I'm looking at the Hydor Slim Skim Nano protein skimmer but I can't figure out how many GPH it would add to the tank so I can know what sort of power heads I would need to add as well. How do I figure out how many GPH this can process, or should I just ignore anything it may produce and plan on getting the power heads and possibly a filter so that the tank gets enough movement for the corals? I tried to check information online but I can't seem to find anything about what sort of motor it has.

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
the protein skimmer will add hardly any at all. Go ahead and purchase the power heads. I also noticed you don't know about the nitrogen cycle listed in your profile. Make sure you find out about this before you start a saltwater. You should do at least 20 gallons for your first saltwater. I also recommend joining reef central or reef2reef. This is more of the freshwater side of forumns and you won't get as many responses.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom