Slightly DIY Stand/Double Stand project

Discussion in 'DIY - Do It Yourself' started by escapay, Aug 11, 2015.

1. escapayWell Known MemberMember

Could I use 3/4" plywood on a stand that exists but the tank has smaller dimensions? For example, I have my rimless 12 gallon long tank that is approximately 36" x 9" - could I set it on plywood that is over a stand that is 36" x 12"?

And same story - if I was to buy the 40 gallon breeder size stand from Drs Foster & Smith (the Titan Eze Metal Double Stand) and put plywood on it, could that work to hold 4 5.5 gallon aquariums with the shorter sides forward instead.

2. BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

For small tanks like those I don't see that being a problem.

3. escapayWell Known MemberMember

Awesome!

What of something larger like a 20 long - if it was one of those steel racks that had metal shelf and then plywood above that? I'm thinking the Edsal shelving units at Home Depot.

4. jay275475Valued MemberMember

People used these racks I think they were called gorilla racks that were the exact same dimensions of a 20long.

This can hold breeders -  

20 Longs -  

5. escapayWell Known MemberMember

Sorry, another question - same concept... I just picked up this acrylic aquarium with the dimensions of 48.5" L, 14" W and 16.5" H. Which means it is about 50 gallons. It didn't come with a stand - just the aquarium.

Could I buy a 55 gallon aquarium stand and then have the 3/4" plywood enough for the base of the tank on top of the stand? 55 gallon stands seem to be right length but are only 13-13.5" W. The width is barely off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice