Slight Issue.... Betta Imbellis Spawn

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Rtessy, Apr 23, 2019.

1. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Y'all always have good ideas, so let's go!
    Sooooo, betta imbellis, am I right?
    Got 5, separated into two tanks for QT, one has 2 males 1 female, the other one female one male. I wanted the 1m 1f to spawn, not the others, hence the 2 males.
    3 days after I got them, the pair spawned, next day the eggs were gone, next day spawned again, next day eggs gone, then yesterday there are eggs again.
    However, there are now also eggs in the other tank as well!! Which is awesome, it'll be a lot of fun raising these guys, BUT, I'm not sure what to do about the fry now. I was just going to move out the male and female from the tank and raise the fry, but now I can't because there are eggs in the other tank too.
    So, what to do? Should I try and move all the adults to one tank (10g) and try my best to move the fry to the other? I've only got turkey basters on my side, and I'm not 100% that the params are the same.
    They'll only be in the 10 for a few weeks, some very kind person has an awesome deal on a 40g that I'll be picking up later, it will primarily be used to house my pleco fry though. I'm figuring that since the imbellis don't fight amongst themselves, keeping them with plecos shouldn't be an issue (knock on wood).

2. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Giving this a bump up for you hope you get some responses today

3. SalmonMarisolNew MemberMember

I wouldn’t move the eggs/fry from where they are, I would just try to find arrangements for the adults

4. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

That's the problem, no extra tanks, these are my QT's...