Sleeping Puffers?

Jennasoutherfranks
I have F8s. I'm under the impression that they sleep and look dead. I'm still freaking out thinking they're dead. Anyone have experience with sleeping puffers?

Thanks

Iverg1
Some times I walk in on my fish sleeping first I make sure his gills are moving but if I can’t see cause he’s too far away I gently rap the glass. If he is so asleep I might nudge him a tiny bit. I don’t have any experience with puffers but I think those are some signs to look for

Blitzar
My pea girl freaks me out whenever I see her sleeping. Then again, I also have Di, who looks so dead when he sleeps that I have netted him out because I thought he was dead.

Iverg1
How dead we talking about?

Blitzar
How dead we talking about?
Floating on his side, not moving or reacting to food or taps on the side of his tank. We're pretty sure he has cataracts, too.

Iverg1
Whoa

Blitzar
I know! It's so scary when it happens. I'm afraid that one day, he'll pass and we won't know.

Jennasoutherfranks
Yes! That original post was at like 11:30 pm for me last night. I was finally like "ok at this point there's nothing I can do" just woke up and everyone is swimming around like "uhh where's the food, lady?"

Iverg1
Haha. What do you mean there was nothing you could do?

Jennasoutherfranks
Haha. What do you mean there was nothing you could do?

Like if he was that close to death.

Iverg1
Or that asleep

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Zach72202
Replies
Views
Schnauzergal
Replies
Views