sleeping clown loaches

sasha

Reaction score
HI ppl
I can't help wondering this, we all know fish sleep and the clown loaches go over on their sides to sleep, but why?, as in why do they do this?
where did they learn this? why is it only way they can sleep? Are thye reincarnated humans ,as they roll about from side to side to get comfy,!! is it an organ thing
Any ideas guys lol lol

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
just loaches being loaches They aren't the only loaches that do that. My yoyos and angelicus do that also. Maybe it helps them squeeze into smaller places.
Carol

OP
S

sasha

Reaction score
they are amazing fish our have a bed time lol they go into there plumbing pipe at 10.15 everynight without fail and flip over and roll about o get comfy lol,
I could talk about them forever, could you post a pic of your angelicus I know what they look like ,I would like to see yours, I have asked my local lfs to get one for me but is proving a difficult task for them to locate one cheers butterfly

boff

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI I read some where that the tighter the place they can get in to the better ,so they lay on there sides and it makes them feel safe ,because they think they are in a relay tight space

OP
S

sasha

Reaction score
HI boff ours do go into tight spaces,i.e sqeeze in beside the filter ect, but also lie out in open on the bow of the boat,on top of the flower pot in the plumbing pipe that's 2 inch in diameter basically do it anywhere not just tight spaces lol lol AMAZING

boff

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine just seem to do it inside there clay pipe which is about the same size as yours .But each clown seems to have its own personalty and I love watching them .

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes clowns are wonderful and I could talk about them all night also(and take pics see my gallery ) I'll have to see about getting pics of my angelicus, unlike the yoyos they are a bit shy.
Carol

New Threads